Peter Mutoka – ICT Officer
He holds a bachelor’s degree in BBIT from JKUAT and has done other professional certification like A+, N+ and CCNA. Currently he is pursuing Masters in Computer Systems at JKUAT and is a member of both Computer Society of Kenya and Information Communication Technology Association of Kenya.
Information Technology Department will be recognized as a high performance team providing technology excellence that advances Legislation, Oversight and Representation in alignment with Kakamega County Assembly’s mission and goals.
Information Technology Department provides secure, reliable, and integrated technology solutions in alignment with Assembly’s Mandate, while delivering excellence in user service.
In support of this mission, we will:
- Partner with the County Assembly community to understand the information technology needs of other departments and staff.
- Provide leadership and planning for the effective and strategic use of emerging technologies.
- Demonstrate technical and operational excellence through a commitment to professionalism and continuous improvement.
Our Core Values drive and guide us as we serve the County Assembly community. As members of IT Department, we are committed to:
- Collaboration: We are dedicated to a constructive, team-oriented environment, gathering varied perspectives, sharing knowledge, and building effective partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Continuous Improvement: We strive for operational excellence through the on-going development of the staff and the organization as a whole.
- Innovation: We encourage creative and critical thinking in the development of technology services and solutions.
- People: We listen to, respect, and care for departments, staff, and one another, both professionally and personally.
- Service: We strive to provide excellent service by being consistent, agile, reliable, and accessible to all.
- Transparency: We leverage open communications and thoughtful business processes to be accountable in our interactions and our work.
Parliaments in today’s world have an unprecedented opportunity to capitalize on the benefits of ICT to enhance their efficiency and their effectiveness in performing their constitutional functions. Seizing such an opportunity will also help them play a major role in shaping the information society of tomorrow. To do so requires the development of a vision and a plan for innovation and the application of ICT within the County Assembly setting and the effective management of its implementation.