HON. PHILIP ONDAKO MAINA – LEADER OF MAJORITY
Hon. Maina is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with a Degree in Automotive Engineering. He is currently a practicing Auditor with Ondako Maina and Associates since the year 2011.
He worked as an Audit Senior (2009 – 2011), Audit Assistant (2006-2008) at GAD WEKESA ASSOCIATES, as an Accountant – Payables at Malindi Management Strategy Limited (Hotel) – 2004 to 2006, as a cashier/accountants CLERK at Kengeles Management Group (Restaurant) – 2002 to 2004, as an ACCOUNTS TRAINEE at Legal Resources Foundation (TRUST) and as Accounts Assisant at Chapex Kenya Limited (Service centre at JKIA).
He is serving his second consecutive term having been elected to the County Assembly in 2017 and 2022 general elections.
Primary functions of Leader of Majority usually relates to floor duties;
- He is the lead speaker for the majority party during floor debates.
- Plays key role in developing the Assembly calendar.
- He also assists the speaker with Programme development, policy formulation and policy decision through County Assembly Service Board (CASB).
- Leader of Majority is the link between the County Executive and County Assembly.
- He develops the majority caucus agenda with the principal leaders as well as presiding over the majority caucus meetings.
Hon. Violet Ananda – Deputy Leader of Majority
Hon. Violet Ananda Nyongesa was born on 24th November, 1961 and attended Matunda primary school where she did her Certificate Primary Education (C.P.E) in 1975 before joining Ndivisi Secondary School and sat for her O Level in 1980. In 1982, she did her A Level at Mukumu Girls High School then later joined Eregi Teachers Training College for her Certificate in primary education.
Hon. Ananda also holds a Certificate in Teacher Proficiency Course Certificate from Kaimosi Teachers Training College and a Diploma in Education Management from Kenya Education Management Institute.
She has a wide experience in teaching, Maendeleo ya Wanawake Association of Kenya among other associations.
She is a nominated Member of County Assembly (MCA) from the Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) Party.