Patrick Litaba – Sergeant-At-Arms
He holds a higher Diploma in Security and Disaster Management. He has a certificate in finger print services.
Mr. Litaba has immense experience on Security matters having worked in the Security Sector for more than 20 years. He worked at the former Nairobi City Council in the Inspectorate Department as Chief Inspector for many years.
The office of the Sergeant-At-Arms is a department in the Assembly charged with the duties involving service to the Speaker, Members of County Assembly, Staff and Members of the public.
The department has eight staff namely:
- Patrick Litaba – Sergeant-At-Arms
- Erick Wangila – Deputy Sergeant-At-Arms
- Nelson Odongo – Commissionaire
- Patrick Barasa – Commissionaire
- Joseck Onyango – Commissionaire
- Barbara Adagala – Commissionaire
- Christopher Wechuli – Commissionaire
- Jack Obote – Commissionaire
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining custody of the mace
- Ensure security for all persons and property within the precincts of the County Assembly
- Advise the Speaker and the Clerk on Security matters
- Perform chamber and ceremonial duties
- Enforce and Implement Speaker’s rules and directives
- Allocate office accommodation to members, staff and conference rooms to committees
- Ensure fire prevention and safety of the facilities
- Access control management
- Ensure compliance with occupational health standards
- Maintain decorum within the precincts of the Assembly
- Investigate occurrence of incidents
- Coordinate Assembly policing
- Disseminate relevant information to members through notice boards
- Carries out periodic security survey.
We have attained maximum security requirement of the Assembly precincts. With the little space available, we have managed to allocate offices for all members of staff.